Friday, December 2, 2011

Rice art.

I am always looking for ways to entertain Skylar. Art projects are her favorite thing.

So this morning I decided she could glue some noodles to paper. And just to be fancy, we would even dye them first.

When I checked the pantry we didn't have the right shapes for gluing, BUT the bag of rice was sitting there.

So we improvised and grabbed that rice and dyed it in baggies with food coloring.

And it was a hit!

It works just like sand art. (No doubt fun moms everywhere have already done this and I'm just now thinking of it.)

I made shapes for her to fill in and then I did a "mystery picture" with the glue stick that she couldn't see until she shook off the rice.




 So now I have one more trick in my snowy day arsenal.

3 comments:

  1. You are so cool, Keri! Those are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Mommy you are! HUGS from Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! I am in awe of your super mommy skills!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...