Friday, December 9, 2011

Random.


Yesterday was one of those days where we didn't even leave the house.


When I quit working to stay home with Skylar, the thought of spending a whole day in the house with nowhere to go made me all panicky. How was I going to fill an entire day?


And when Micah is away I cram our schedule to fill the days and pass the time.


(After Finley was born, I realized that maybe three bible studies was overly ambitious with a newborn, but I was already committed at that point.)


But now that I have an extra pair of hands at the end of the day, and adult conversation, I am at this new phase of life.....the "it's okay to not be busy for a day" phase.


It's weird, but I kind of like it.


If the kids wake up crabby and we are all off on the wrong foot, instead of pushing us all out the door to the first scheduled activity, I just don't go.


It's so simple, but I've never done that before.


That's what happened yesterday.


I desperately wanted to make it to a 9 am class at the Y and it just wasn't happening. Finley has been a mess for days with more teeth coming in and was already ready for a nap.


This is pretty much what he's looked like all week. It's so sad. (And I know it's not his fault, but at 23 pounds he's so darn heavy to carry around all day!)




So the kids took a looooong bubble bath, I showered, we put on new pajamas, and we stayed that way all day.


I pulled out Skylar's nativity set that Micah's mom got her last year. It's a big hit around here. She loves to rearrange it.



At some point she disappeared for awhile and then came back and said...."Mom will you forgive me?"


She had drawn all over her mouth and then tried to clean it off herself before realizing she couldn't get it all off and I was going to see it eventually.


So I called her Pedro and spoke in Spanglish the rest of the day, which really bugged her.




We made gingerbread cookies with creepy cute faces.....




The Finster woke up feeling like a new man, and then 15 minutes later was back to his whiny self. It was nice while it lasted.





Today we hit up the town Christmas party for one reason, and one reason only.


Not Santa. Not the free toy, cookies, or hot chocolate.


Not to meet Dora or Swiper.


Not even for the bounce house or balloon animals.


We skipped all of the above.


Skylar went for the pony rides alone. She's been talking about it since last year.




And there were bunnies too. And a big nasty sheep that she couldn't stop petting.




Finley ate baby snacks and sat in the driver's seat like big stuff.




And on totally unrelated note, if you like the Jelly Belly then I have good news for you. For a limited time you can scoop up a bag of Belly Flops...all the messed up jelly beans that didn't make the cut.....for just $3 a pound. Merry Christmas to all the jelly belly lovers out there.


2 comments:

  1. I used to buy the irregular jelly bellys at the Dollar Tree...I thought they just made the poor people eat the deformed jelly beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So I called her Pedro and spoke in Spanglish the rest of the day..." Where do you come up with this stuff? Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...