Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Beach trip.


This past weekend we decided to take advantage of my parent's timeshare (thanks mom and dad!) and spend our 4 day weekend at Myrtle beach. The weather was perfect, and our condo was right on the ocean. Even better, my grandparents were able to join us. We've really enjoyed all the time we've been able to spend with Nana and Papa, and Skylar adores them. I'm blessed to have such "young" grandparents who are still active.....afterall, 80 is the new 50, right?

Some of the highlights of the weekend: watching Skylar chasing seagulls hoping to pet one, seeing Nana try a peice of sushi for the first time and almost choke trying to get it down (only her overwelming sense of propriety kept her from spitting it into her napkin since we were out in public), Papa accidentally slamming the car door on Micah's head (it doesn't sound funny, but it really was to everyone but Micah), and Micah and I getting a few child-free hours to hit the outlet malls. I also enjoyed hearing Nana refer to PF Changs as "Ching-Changs".

My camera charger was left in NY so I am without a camera (I KNOW! It's terrible, you don't even know all the would-be pictures that have only been captured in my mind...sigh), but we were able to get some shots with Micah's iphone, and I think it might actually take better pictures than my camera anyway.












5 comments:

  1. What a treasure of memories! The pictures say more than words. Thank you Lord for the moments we can capture and hold in our hearts...forever...Thank you!
    I love the post! I love you for your tenderness in capturing it all!
    HUGS!!! to you and your wonderful grandparents!
    Love you all!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT pictures! Sorry I forgot to send your charger back to you last week-------we would have had even MORE wonderful pictures. (The charger should be there by tomorrow.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my 10th b-day at myrtle beach. My folks were stationed at Charleston AFB at the time. It was pretty fun.

    Lack of beach is perhaps the only downfall I have discovered about living in MT.

    Looks like you guys enjoyed it enough for us both though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are FANTASTIC! I esp. love the one with the seagulls--brought back memories of my boys feeding the seagulls from our balcony while in Clearwater, FL. We captured it on film. Aunt Raina

    ReplyDelete
  5. What precious pictures!!! I am so glad your having such a wonderful time with Nana and Papa. They love you to bits!I miss you guys a ton!...Nic

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...