Thursday, January 14, 2010

We have some big news!

Nope, Skylar isn't going to be a big sister.

BUT....she is going to move to Antartica with her parents, and by Antartica I mean upstate New York where the temperature in June is between 50-65 degrees. The playgrounds are INDOOR. Lord have mercy.

On the bright side, I won't have to worry about a tan in the summer and we'll only be 5 hours from my parents. I'm a little miffed that my chocolate mint cookies weren't enough to persuade Micah's competition into giving up Germany. That's what I get for trying out a new recipe--had I gone with the Peanut Butter Blossoms we would have had it.

In all seriousness though, we put NY as our second choice after Germany and above Ft. Bragg, so we did have some control over our fate (even if those were our only 3 choices) and ultimately we know this is where the Lord wants us.

It'll be fun to be 30 minutes from Canada, to go to Nigara Falls and explore New England. And there will be skiing. It's nice to know where we're headed and we're excited for our next adventure, cold though it may be:)

5 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome! Don't give up on the cookies, though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come visit the penguins & polar bears with you & Skylar next winter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noo!!!! I don't want to visit NY from Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect summer place. Got room for 5 horses and me for the summer? Then we go to North FL for the winter. Winter in KS took a turn for the YUCK!
    NY sounds wonderful for you guys! I am happy for you. In His Plan..the only place to be!
    HUGS
    GranBabe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...