Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The chocolate chip cookie.

We have been doing a lot a lot a lot of baking around here.

It makes Skylar and I both relaxed and happy, and Micah enjoys the fruits of our labors.

I love that she is such a little cook, and hopefully she has lots of good memories from all of these hours in the kitchen together.

I've discovered so many great new things, I could probably blog recipes for two straight weeks.

But alas, this isn't a food blog remember? It's a blog about absolutely nothing. And I take that responsibility very seriously.

Since I haven't posted a recipe in awhile, allow me to introduce you to the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever tried. EVER.

If you aren't a baker then this will mean nothing to you.

But for at least a dozen years I have been making the basic chocolate chip cookie. I've tried the recipes on the back of the chocolate chip bags. Fail. Always too thick, or too runny, never quite right. Same with online recipes.

And it always annoyed me that I couldn't get it quite right. How hard can a stinkin' cookie be? But it alluded me.

Then the other day I cracked open a Hershey's cookbook that someone gave me many years ago and I confess I have never used before.

I had low expectations.

But then..... 

Not only did they look exactly right, they had the perfect texture.

Like the kind of giant cookie you would pay way too much money for at Starbucks.

Then I made more to make sure it wasn't a fluke. It isn't.

I feel triumphant.

 
So here's the recipe in the off-chance that this is as exciting for you as it is for me....

Giant Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 stick of butter

3/4 cup sugar

1/3 cup peanut butter

1 egg

1/2 tsp vanilla

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1 cup chocolate chips

I won't tell you how to mix it all together, I'm sure you know what to do. Bake at 350. 10 minutes for smaller cookies, 15 for the giant kind.

Then do a victory dance around your kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. Suhweeeeeeeeet!!!! I use the back of the bag and they're always freakin' flat. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh - I'll bet the PB makes them really good! My husband would love these. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...