Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Tis the season.

We are in the Christmas spirit around here.

Last Christmas was fun, but I remember thinking ahead to this Christmas last year. Wondering what it would be like with two kids.....having Micah home....being all together.

And now here it is.

Our FIRST and LAST Christmas all together in our house. {There's a slim chance we could be here next year, but it's very slim}.

So I am trying to enjoy every second.

We wasted no time getting the tree up.....



It's always fun to see your kids experiencing Christmas for the first time. Finley was dazzled by all the shiny and sparkly things....


{Please excuse the runny nose...homeboy got 4 new teeth in 48 hours}.

Oh how I'm going to miss those cheeks when he grows out of them....


Meanwhile Skylar and Micah snacked on chocolate covered strawberries.....


I guess we were supposed to be munching on Christmas cookies and eggnog, but chocolate covered strawberries are a favorite in this house.


Last year Skylar couldn't get the ornaments on by herself. This year she hung her first one, and looked at me with a supremely satisfied smile and said "Well, I guess I'm a big girl now!"


She loves this little straw angel that my mom passed on from my childhood. She takes it off the tree and plays with it everyday. Actually, she spends a lot of her time undecorating the tree. We haven't outgrown that one yet.

Now all we need is some snow around here. It's been unseasonably warm in the North Country, and I'm ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...