Monday, September 13, 2010

Fall Wreath.

You know the big, beautiful fall wreaths that are $60 at Target and $100 at the Pottery Barn? I really want one, but I won't pay that much. Wreaths are easy to make, but it isn't really the kind of project that excites me and I never like how mine turn out. I always end up with something that looks kind of anemic and really homemade--but not in a good way.

Anyway, I really wanted something on the front door and since I wasn't willing to shell out the money, I only had one choice. I decided to give it one more try and this time I think I finally figured it out: I have to use two wreaths to get the look I'm going for. I used a 24 in and an 18 inch.


I stacked them on top of each other and secured them together with floral wire.


Then $20 worth of supplies (wreaths included) and 20 minutes later I had my wreath. I didn't glue anything, just used wire to secure everything so I can take it all off and reuse it.

I put the project off for a week, but it wasn't as annoying to make as I thought it was going to be. In fact, it was almost fun. I might even do it again someday.

4 comments:

  1. Super pretty Keri! I love wreaths and totally need a new one for our door. I should give it a try and post pics. Only, it might take me a little longer than a week to finally get done with all the other projects that I need to complete. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautiful, Keri. Great job! Aunt Raina

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu, my dear, have that "eye". What a gift! and what a gift you are!
    Love you bunches! Love to the rest of the fam..especially Skylar!
    HUGS
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Keri! In a former life...post K-State....pre moving around Navy wife I was a florist. It is THE way to see the seasons and all of God's splendor. Anyway, the wreath looks great. Fall fall fall - I think it is the best season of all all all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...