Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tasty snacks.

I've never met a bean I didn't like.

In fact, my love of all beans would make it very easy for me to be a vegetarian. But I'm not sure Micah would appreciate that, so my tenuous relationship with poultry remains.

I saw a recipe in a fitness magazine at the gym a few months back for Roasted Chickpeas and finally tried it today. It was easy enough to remember, so I didn't have to nonchalantly tear a page out of the magazine while trying to maintain balance on the elliptical. (I always feel guilty tearing a page out, like the magazine police are going to come get me).
Roasted chickpeas are seriously addictive. They might be my new popcorn.



And easy, easy. Just open a can of chickpeas and rinse them. Toss with a little olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Roast in the oven on 400 for 20 minutes, let cool a bit, and eat.

And while I was at it, I made Jeanie's Crispy Kale--equally delicious and addicting. (Jeanie is my sister-in-law's sister).

Skylar didn't want to try them at first, but right now she is happily munching on a bowl of chickpeas and I am feeling supremely triumphant. It's a small victory, but I'll take it.

2 comments:

  1. I made Crispy Kale last night too! I am going to try the chick peas asap. I have done them before except with cauliflower roasted in the same pan. DELISH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick peas..maybe..Kale..ummmm ummmm ummmm
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...