Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Nothing much.

We were out running errands this morning and Skylar begged me to go into Kohls to look for new shoes. I didn't want to disappoint her (yes, that's right I'm blaming my child) so we did.

You know how Kohls always has great kids books at the front of the store for $5 to raise money for charity? Well they usually have one or two adult books as well and I was really excited to see this cookbook is the current $5 deal:

There was a lot of hype about it several years ago. Basically it's stuff kids like to eat made healthy, and every recipe has hidden vegetables. I was skeptical, but I had a few friends who raved about it and I tasted a few things they made. I remember thinking the chocolate chip cookies with chickpeas were good. Not all of it is edible, but I'm excited to try some of it out. I'll let ya know.

And right after Kohl's we went over to Target (Skylar really did ask to go to Target, she loves that place) where I let her ransack the dollar section for 20 minutes. I am happy to report that if you are sick to death of doing messy art projects like I am--finger painting, watercolors, markers, I'm tired of all of it---the dollar spot is currently stocked with fun art supplies. So we are going to start gluing and give the playroom carpet a break. (Why the one room in the house with carpet happens to be a playroom, I couldn't tell you).

We haven't done an art project in a few weeks, but I think I can handle a glue stick.....


This pictures is a couple months old, but this is the reason I'm currently on a painting sabbatical. It always ends up like this......and I'm tired....so very, very tired of cleaning it up.

Besides, if I keep dragging her out to the yard and hosing her off while she screams, the neighbors really are going to call social services on me.

3 comments:

  1. I bought that cookbook a while back and havent' had a chance to try anything out. We will have to try a couple and you all try a couple and report back in a couple weeks or so. :) Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given this cookbook as a gift after our daughter was born and I really like it. The applesauce/carrot muffins are really tasty!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...