Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm ready.

It's no secret that I love summer--it's my favorite. But this year I am ready to say good-bye and I'm welcoming Fall, even though it means lots of big changes for our family. Maybe it's because summer started extra early this year with April being in the 90's, and Summer and I had a good run. Whatever the reason, I was excited that the leaves in the 'hood are starting to change......
And there's a chill in the air (the high yesterday as seen from my kitchen window)......
So logically it was time to make a pumpkin pie........
And pick up some Mums, because it's pretty much a season requirement.....
I'm thinking Apple Crisp might be in our future (yes my seasons revolve around desserts)......
We also picked up our annual Mulled Cider candle from Wal-Mart. We bought one the first Fall we were married and living at Ft. Knox to make our little one bedroom, pre-furnished apartment smell better. It does smell really good, maybe the best $5 you will spend. This is our 7th Autumn now, and just the smell of the candle brings back lots of memories.

Happy Labor Day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Yesterday, we felt like it was the type of weekend where we would drive down to hang out and spend the night at the Rue's. Those were some of our favorite fall memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE mulled cider candles! (Kristy hates them though)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ain't seen nothin' yet! Wait until the leaves REALLY turn! I was excited about our first fall in New York, too. It didn't let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally say this in love:

    I like your post but am ashamed that you bought a Walmart candle for $5.....and not a Gold Canyon candle.....and we do have Mulled Cider. Just sayin'. But I do understand the nostalgia <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...