Monday, August 15, 2011

Chapstick bandit.

Three year olds are from another planet.

It must be a nudest planet because our three year old absolutely, positively does not want to keep her clothes on. It's a planet where you eat pancakes in your birthday suit.

And you pour sand in your underwear to see what will happen.

And pick every.single.dandilion on the way to the park, thereby ensuring it takes an hour to walk 2 blocks.

Anyway.....

Skylar was gifted chapstick for her last birthday. She applied it 100 times in as many minutes, and then took a nibble off the top. By the end of the day there was a little stub of chapstick and teeth full of petroleum. At some point she stopped applying it and just started eating it.

She thinks chapstick is delicious.

Last week I was putting her in the carseat when I saw this:

Just for reference, it's supposed to look like this:


She had pulled it out of the diaper bag and eaten my chapstick. Again. She knows it's wrong. So we had The Chapstick Conversation....again.

"Skylar, why did you eat my chapstick?"

"But Mom, I liiiiike it".

"It's for your lips, not for eating".

"But Mommmm, it's okay"

"NO, it's NOT okay"

"But it's okay mom. I still love you even when you do bad things".

"I didn't do a bad thing. You did".

"But I still love you mom"

"DO NOT EAT CHAPSTICK".

"I still love you when you yell at me mom"

"I'm not yelling at you. I just don't want you to eat my chapstick".
"I love you mom"
"I love you too. Stop eating chapstick".
"Soooorry mom.......Can I have some gum?"

4 comments:

  1. Ha! Funny, I thought that Kyle was old enough for chapstick last year, so I gave him some to put in his night stand. Same coverstaion...we don't eat it, it's bad for our bodies...blah, blah, blah. I think he finally has it down, but Owen is right with Skylar. I like it Mom and he likes the gum too. Which is why it always ends up in his tummy, not the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is epic! I know what I'm sending Skylar in her next package!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SB doesn't eat chapstick, but she applies it WAY outside the boundaries of her lips. The conversation you had with her made me laugh out loud! It is total deja vu. SB says, "It's ok, mommy" all the time. No, honey, it's not ok. STOP DOING THAT. SERIOUSLY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, could not stop laughing! So cute and absolutely hilarious. I am so glad you are documenting all this on your blog...hmm...maybe I should use this as motivation to start blogging before Hannah really starts having conversatons past "no". Love you all! LOVE Finley's fat little thighs so much, wish I could squeeze them! Jenn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...