Saturday, August 20, 2011

The last of summer.

I hate to see summer waning. It's my favorite. Today was a perfect late summer day.

While Skylar was riding her bike down the street I saw two trees losing their leaves, and then as if on cue I detected a hint of a chill in the air. Fall is just about here. Normally I would internally scream "NOOOOOO!!!!" But this Fall there is a lot to look forward to. 

In the meantime, we are enjoying the last of the warm lazy days. I've been making Skylar take naps this week with the hopes of being really productive. But the little guy has thwarted my plans every single time, refusing to nap more than 20 minutes and fussing unless I am looking straight at him. He's teething with a vengeance and has already cut two teeth--one being a canine.

So Jowls McGee has been my little companion. And if Jowls doesn't like it, it hasn't happened. He doesn't like much right now.
He helped me make some cookies (the ones my sister-in-law Margaret shared awhile back). I was tasked with making a wheat-free, dairy-free dessert, and this recipe came to mind. If you omit the chocolate chips there is no dairy, and they are gluten free anyway. I've made them at least five times, and this is the first time they have actually made it out of the house. They are just too good to share. So I don't. But I did this time.
We also did some flower picking. The Coneflower bushes behind the garage are heavy laden these days. I cut them daily and there are still tons left. So I've been sharing the love. We've have dinner plans 4 nights in a row which means flowers for everyone! My new motto: You feed us, we flower you.
My inspiration to craft comes in waves, and after an extended dry spell I finally got my mojo back. Right now there are a dozen projects rattling around in my head. I ransacked a newly acquired pile of fabric (my friend was getting rid of hers...score! Like I needed more fabric.) and made some plans. Then I thought about organizing the craft closet. Changed my mind. Took a picture of the mess instead.
I've had this fabric for at least 9 months. It was supposed to be curtains. I was feeling motivated to knock it out this week. By the time Finley is done getting his vampire teeth I will probably have lost my motivation. And then it will be time to move again.
But such is life. And really, there will never be enough time in the day to get it all done, teething baby or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...