Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Best baby buys.

As is the case with most second children, Finley has all of his sister's hand-me down baby equipment (not that he cares). But there are two new things I've purchased for him that I would recommend to every parent.


1. The portable mobile. It attaches to a car seat, a stroller, a portacrib...you name it. Best money I have spent on a baby item in a long time. I use it on the car seat. It can either spin and play music, or just spin---and it gives him something to look at and keeps him happy in the car.



The doorway jumper. Call me a spaz, but I live in constant fear of the "flat head syndrome" plaguing so many back-sleeping babies these days. Yes, I know their heads are moldable, but I find it disturbing nonetheless. (Where does their brain go when their skull squishes in like that?) Because Finley sleeps 10 hours in the exact same position--flat on his back with his head tilted slightly to the right--he's starting to get a little dent from the constant pressure on the right side. The pediatrician said to keep him off of his head to avoid that.

He hates being on his tummy. He's not a big fan of the bumbo chair. Lasts 5 minutes in the excersaucer. But fortunately, he loves this thing:

He pretty much just hangs out like this. Skylar walks by and helps him bounce or gives him a little push. The first time I put him in it, I left the room for a minute, and she spun him around in circles so many times that he projectile vomited everywhere. Then she cried (ironically he didn't) and now she is verrrry careful.



I love that I can move it from room to room so he can watch whatever we're doing and it adjusted enough to fit both our regular and extra tall doorways. It's also nice and compact (unlike most baby stuff) so it's something I can actually travel with. I was trying to remember why I didn't have one with Skylar and then I realized we didn't have doorways in our Colorado house. But if you have a baby and a doorway, this is a must-have.

1 comment:

  1. Kristy loved hers! Thunder, the huge white samoyed, would blow by her in the doorway and she would spin. She loved jumping up and down. Micah liked it sort of, but not as much.
    Kristy also loved her walker. The saucer thing but on wheels. We had a long halway at Benning and Thunder would scoot by those reaching hands, she grab on and down the hallway she would fly giggling all the way. She liked speed even then ;). Then they were deemed dangerous and the wheels went away. (Kids going down stairs--yikes! Benning's quarters were flat, no stairs.) Micah did not get to ride in one of those. Micah enjoyed scooting around. He was a self propelled guy! Memories! Love it!
    Hugs
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...