Thursday, August 25, 2011

S'mores Cups

I recently discovered that Pampered Chef has some great free recipes on their website. (I don't sell or endorse Pampered Chef --they do have some fun gadgets though). I highly recommend trying their tropical fruit salsa (using fresh pineapple not canned) and spicy thai noodles.

But when you have an army of kids coming over for dinner, these are the perfect dessert. All the greatness of a s'more in one convenient bite.


Ingredients:

7 whole graham crackers (1 cup finely crushed)
1/4 cup powdered sugar

6 tbsp butter, melted

4 bars (1.5 oz each) milk chocolate candy, divided

12 large marshmallows

To make:

Crush up the graham crackers and mix with the powdered sugar and melted butter. Put a small spoonful of the mixture into each cup of a mini muffin tin. (I used a mini scooper I had and a tart shaper to push it all down--convenient but not necessary--I just wanted to use my tart shaper for something).
Bake the crust for about 5 minutes until bubbly. Remove from oven and place one square of chocolate in each cup followed by half of a marshmallow. Return to oven for 1-2 minutes. Allow to cool before removing from pan. Melt remaining chocolate and drizzle on top and let harden.

3 comments:

  1. Cadets would love these. Bring the equipment with you next time you come and we'll make some here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely be making these!!! About how many does that recipe make?

    I love your blog and I really hope you get transferred to Ft. Lewis.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...