Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bear Mountain.

This past week we've been in Highland Falls with the family. Bekah, Nicole and Margaret were all here for part of the time. We had one full day with all three of them here, so we headed up to Bear Mountain to do a little hiking.

The weather was perfect.
I think this is one of the prettiest parts of New York.









After enjoying the view from the top, we drove down to Bear Mountain Lake and did a couple of laps around it.
If Uncle Thomas had been there, he would have said "Hydrate or Die". So Skylar hydrated.
Jack isn't used to that much exercise and he was getting warm, so I thought he'd appreciate a little swim to cool off. Margaret gleefully offered to throw him in (she's not his biggest fan).
Except at some point while he was in the air, he flipped...probably because he's so round and top heavy...and landed on his back. Whoops. We all let out a collective gasp as he hit the water and went under like a brick.
In all the excitement, I forgot to prep Skylar and let her know that Jack is a good swimmer and he would be just fine. So she freaked out. "I'll miss him! I'll miss him!" She was sure her "puggy pug" was gone forever. Just look at the anguish on her face.
But Jack is a survivor, and being a Colorado dog at heart, he is no stranger to cold mountain water. He got himself right out, no problem.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you guys had a great visit! Poor Jack, poor Skylar - good thing they'll forget all about it. How do you capture those moments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I had to stop looking at this post because it makes me laugh so hard that my incision hurts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...