Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A case of the crazies.

Have you ever had a dream about something completely ordinary that turns into a horrible, stressful nightmare? I used to have them about waitressing and getting everyone's orders wrong. I had one last night. It was the latest in a series involving the zoo.

(In dream one I was shoveling a never ending pile of Elephant poo, and dream two involved an escaped gorilla).

It went something like this......

I'm cleaning an aquarium because that is my zoo job. Everything is going well and I'm almost done when I realize that there has been a water snake hiding in the aquarium the whole time I've had my arm in it and I didn't know. I start to panic. Then lo and behold there are a whole family of water snakes. Suddenly they are aggressive and I'm trying to get the lid back on the aquarium but they are all coming out of the top and biting me.

Hysteria.

Then to top it off giant frogs the size of cats start flying out of the aquarium. I don't know where they came from but they're disgusting. I give up on trying to contain them all. I flee while they chase after me.

Then I wake up in a cold sweat and vow to never go to the zoo again. Until tomorrow that is. We have a play date.

Bizarre. Just remembering it makes me nervous.

I have no idea what a dream like that means. But it may have something to do with my life long fear of snakes, going to the zoo almost every week for the last 18 months, and the fact that Skylar recently got an aquarium in her room.
Her fish "Blue" is pretty ferocious.

And so is her hair in this picture. Yikes. Who takes care of this child?


Oh yeah....a crazy lady who has nightmares about the zoo, that's who.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love that you Beta's name is Blue too! That is exactly what Kyle named our blue Beta. Appropriate I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a weird dream. I won't try to unpack that one for you, you freak. ;) Hey remember how we used to put our fish tanks next to each other and watch our fish bang against the wall? And to think our kids turned out ok (so far)!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...