Monday, July 26, 2010

Easy photo display.

A couple of years ago I bought several white frames for Skylar's room to frame family pictures and make a wall collage in her nursery.

It never happened.

Mostly because I realized I would need a whole lot of frames to get all 9 Aunts and Uncles, 2 sets of grandparents, and 2 sets of great-grandparents in there (not to mention assorted dogs-they're her favorite). I really wanted her to have pictures of her extended family since everyone is scattered all over the country and she doesn't see them very often.

Then I remembered this idea I had seen somewhere in a magazine years ago (you've probably seen some variation of it too). It's kind of a spin on the traditional cork board or photo board. So here is my photo collage Plan B.

I got a frame for $6 in the 90% off aisle at Hobby Lobby last winter (I have a hard time believing anybody would pay $60 for it). I used some leftover paint I had (Benjamin Moore Navajo White) and painted it.
Using picture wire I made four rows on the back and stapled them with a staple gun. (There are only 3 rows in the picture here, I ended up adding a fourth).
I just stapled the wire and then wrapped the extra around the staple to secure it like this. There's probably a better way to do it, but I'm all for easy. It took about 3 minutes.
Then I used some metal binder clips ($2.50 for 50 at Target) to attach the pictures. This frame is 24 x 31 1/2 inches and it holds 20 pictures.

Skylar loves looking at it and naming everyone and she especially likes me to quiz her so she can point people out. The cool part is that she's seen all of these people in the last few months so she knows exactly who everyone is.

4 comments:

  1. That's adorable, Keri. I would love to give that a try. Are those clips really small? I am pretty deco-retarded, so you have to help me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, they come in different sizes, I got the smallest ones. They have colored ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keri, I love this idea. I have a collage frame of Ethan and Andy in his room, but I love this for the rest of the family-all the aunts, uncles, grandparents and of course Daddy, since he is a way! Ethan will go up to pics of Jeremiah and say, 'Daddy.' So sweet!

    Where did you find the clips in Target? What section?

    Thanks for sharing! Skylar looks like she is loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can find them with them in the aisle with office/school supplies.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...