Saturday, July 10, 2010

More pictures.

The 2010 Rue Family Vacation Extravaganza drew to a close today:(

Everybody's gone now and we are left with a lonely toddler roaming the house asking "Where's Kritty? Where's Uncle Dean-y?" The doorbell rang earlier and Skylar said, "Mimi's here!!". (Mimi is the grandmother formerly known as Granbabe.... turns out Granbabe was too hard to say. Bummer.)

We did some sight seeing here in the Thousand Island region with the clan. We caught a boat ride and toured Boldt Castle, which was beautiful.
It was hot and humid......Coloradans don't do humid.
Bill whipped up some grilled delicacies including a salmon stuffed with shrimp and crab, and some delicious scallops (my favorite). Come back Bill, we're hungry!
Skylar showed Mimi around our new (tiny) local zoo. Noni and Papa got us a membership as a house warming gift and we've already used it 3 times. It might get a little old looking at the same 20 animals over and over, but all Skylar really cares about are the farm animals anyway.
She especially loves the "neigh neigh's". Good thing she was born into a horse loving family (on her daddy's side)!
Meanwhile, Bill was a DIY machine! It's so great having a handy father-in-law. He installed 3 ceiling fans, fixed a ripped screen on the porch, added some latches that Skylar couldn't undo to the screen door, installed a new shower head in our bathroom, hung a ginormous mirror, and best of all, replaced the faucet on my kitchen sink.
I love my new faucet. Love.
It was on the top of my list of things to change. The sink is small and I couldn't fit a tall pot under the old faucet. I also wanted a sprayer. Here's the before (booooring):
And here's my gorgeous new water efficient Moen faucet:And here's Bill in all of his handyman glory, shaking a wrench at me no less:) Thanks Bill!
Gayle got a hedge trimmer and went to town shaping up our yard. It looks much better and she looked like she was having fun. I can't wait until it grows back so I can have a go at it!
Skylar had so much fun playing with her Aunt Kristy. She has the best ideas, like making a tent in the living room and eating milk and cookies in it!

Poor Kristy.......

We had a great visit and already miss you guys!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love when family visits. It just always stinks when everyone leaves.

    PS. I love your new sink faucet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captured memories...housed in my heart ...FOREVER!
    Miss you all so much..my heart aches...but waiting for next time. More hugs and kisses from Skylar! Delish food from Keri, hospitality that makes you feel like a queen in a home decorated perfectly and then there are the pinches with toes from Micah. Life is soooo blessed! Add to it fun with Krandy!!!! OMGoodness..it was so perfect, even in the heat. Heat..hmmmm..glad I am a
    C_H_R_I_S_T_I_A_N (as the song goes). Heat is not permanent for me. PTL and Thank you Jesus!
    LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...