Friday, July 30, 2010

Not okay.

My parents and Josh are in town, so today we did a little sight seeing. We saw more than we bargained for.

This couple was on a park bench, and at first glance they appeared to be one person. They were entwined like pretzels for the entire 45 minutes we were there. People were gawking, making comments like "This is a public park! There are children here!" I was taking (blurry) pictures. They were completely engrossed and unphased by all the attention. Occasionally she would stop stroking his head and they would gaze into each other's eyes, nose to nose. It was incredibly awkward.

I feel the need to share the awkwardness with you. This is how close they were to us while we fed the ducks.
We walked back by an hour later, and they were still there. Hadn't moved. So Josh took another picture.
Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I know that I am going to raise everybody's blood pressure, but as a European looking at the pictures I can only say: "So?"
    (No hard feelings!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Iris-
    Your comment made me smile, because your absolutely right--nobody would think twice in Europe. But we Americans tend to be a little more uptight about public displays of affection. Unless we're at an airport, we don't expect to see much of it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kisses and lots of TIGHT hugs from Germany! Hehe.... I enjoy your blog very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to say that it's their last day before he goes off to war. He's a single soldier and lives in the barracks so they don't have anywhere to hang out other than in public. Plus it doesn't look like they're making out, more like they're hoping the moment never ends. I'd probably still feel uncomfortable if I walked by though....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...