Friday, August 27, 2010

Mom tip

Don't you just love when a mom friend tells you something totally ordinary that they do and you think "Oh my gosh, that's the best idea ever, why didn't I think of that?" Yeah, me too.

A mom in our playgroup mentioned freezing Gogurt. I know they advertise that it can be frozen for lunchboxes, but until she said that it didn't click in my brain that it could be a popsicle substitute. I had never considered buying it, in fact I always skip over it because I just assumed since it's marketed to kids it has lots of sugar. But when she said that it got me thinking....I let Skylar have a popsicle almost everyday in the summer and those are full of sugar. So why not just give her yogurt instead (even if it is sugary) and throw a little nutritional value in there while I'm at it. Duh.

Then Gogurt was $1.25 a box at the commissary, so there you go. When she asks for a treat now I'm happy to oblige......

Plus it's fun to watch her get brain freeze every.single.time. She screams like a banshee for a couple of seconds and then dives right back in. I tell her to slow down, but you can't reason with a two year old.

I also just want to say that I think tiny little toddler skinny jeans are my new favorite. I bought these at the Gap outlet last winter and couldn't wait to put them on her......

And Skylar's favorite things right now are her "baby jaguar" (leopard print) shoes. She has a huge crush on Diego and he has a baby jaguar, so pretending to be a jaguar, wearing jaguar on her feet, climbing trees like a jaguar........it's all a vain attempt to win Diego's love. In Skylar's words "Diego's a nice boy mama". Good thing he's not real.

(And as for my blogging paranoia, I think I'm going to leave things as they are for now and just see how I feel after Micah's gone).

4 comments:

  1. I have seen reduced sugar go-gurts if that might make you feel better about her having them. Those jeans looked absolutely adorable on her. I am jealous that you people are already wearing sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I can't wait to try! That really is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh we love freezing Go-gurts! Also - those skinny jeans just kill me she looks super chic with her ballet flats and sweater. I'm totally jealous she's rocking her fall wardrobe because it's still blazing hot here in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't Uncle Deany a nice boy too?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...