Monday, August 30, 2010

Not my child.....

Does this look like the face of a terrorist? The answer is yes.


When I picked Skylar up at the YMCA nursery this morning they were waiting for me at the door. I've always gotten glowing reports from every nursery she's ever been in, how sweet, how complaint, how (incessantly) talkative and friendly.

But not today. Today she had to be separated from the other children because she hit everyone who came near her.

Whaaaaat??

So I asked her if she hit her friends and she said without a tinge of remorse "I hurt everybody. Everybody super sad". When I asked her why she said "Toys are mine!!!". Then followed it 2 seconds later with "I want a treat!"

Whaaaaat??? Who IS this child.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my word. My 2 1/2 year old has morphed into this same monster at our gym daycare. Babies, big kids - if they come near her when she is using the toys she cracks them on the head! Then yes she will say I want to get (fill in the blank) when we go to leave. Umm no way missy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...one of those days. Maybe it is just me, but sometimes I feel like those days come more frequently for me than not. Don't get me wrong, my boys are good, but boy are they BOYS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We still think she's cute, cute, cute! However, feel free to have her call Aunt Kristy and Uncle Deany. We would be glad to explain that we don't hit people AND that it makes us happy to share our toys. SUPER happy, in fact.

    ReplyDelete
  4. from Uncle Andy: Way to go, Skylar! There is a distinct lack of leadership in today's society. Some of these daycare kids need to be shown who's boss. As long as they know whose toys those are FROM THE START, I don't see the problem. These kids are crying about a few light blows from a 2-year old girl? I can just see all the kids from the Air Farce families cowering in the corner as Skylar takes over the Y. I say give her treats AND Chai AND Noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Not sure what I found funnier:

    "I hurt everybody"

    or Andy's comment. It's a toss up.

    Don't worry about it too much Keri. Ainsley is like that too. I'm kind of glad because it means she isn't a pushover. We'll work on it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Keri...I happened upon your blog b/c a friend of yours (I think) knows a friend of mine...anyways...they directed me to your miscarriage post...we miscarried over the weekend...we were 13 weeks, and had seen the heartbeat and everything...and I guess shortly after that things just went badly. I had the D&C today....your story was helpful...this has been a miserable process. Just wanted to say hi and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...