Monday, August 9, 2010

Sorbet.

I am a sorbet-aholic.

Ice cream--no big deal.

Sherbet--if there's nothing better.

If I had my way it would be all sorbet all the time. Especially Hagen Daz Lemon sorbet.

I'm always looking for a new flavor so when I saw these in the freezer section at Target I did a happy dance and loaded up! And OHMYGOSH........it is (was! like there's any left, ha!) sooooo good.

The Blood Orange.....amazing.......Mango......to die for......
I got gelato for my non-sorbet loving husband. He and Skylar loved the Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato. It's like eating the inside of a Ferrero Rocher, except frozen. She had crazy eyes by the end. (I completely understand baby girl, I get those same crazy eyes for a Creme Brulee......)
She licked that bowl clean. It was a proud moment for me. She has many chocolate-loving years ahead of her, and I plan to be there every step of the way.

The next time you're at Target, look for these and treat yourself. Sharing with the kids is totally optional. I was feeling generous that day, but next time I'll wait until she's asleep!

7 comments:

  1. Sorbet is really easy to make. I have made lemon sorbet many a time! I'm sure there are lots of recipes (and lots of flavors) online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I can't wait to head to Target to check it out! I love mangos! And well, I am a sucker for lemon things too.

    Amanda-I think you should totally share your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that about you. Yep. Lemon Sorbet. I am so glad that hasn't changed! I dunno, it just makes me feel happy when stuff like that stays the same through the years.

    Ehhh...I'd probably go for the gelato like Micah, but that Blood Orange sorbet really does look pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skylar, you go girl! Mimi loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda-I've heard it's pretty easy to make, I'm just afraid if I saw how much sugar went into it, that I wouldn't want to eat it anymore! Ignorance is bliss:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keri, Love this brand and buy it when it is half off at Harris Teeter. Known by Clare as Harry Tweeter. Ryan loves to give gifts of what should I say...gifts given to me from his heart that are really for his stomach. The first year we were married it was a William Sonoma cusinart electric ice cream maker. If you look at them find the white one that comes with the extra freezer bowl. It is so much less expensive than the stainless and it comes with the extra freezer. It comes with a good little recipe book and you can ice cream and sorbet away on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...