Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Rude awakening.

The other morning I woke up at 6:00 because Sabot wanted fed--and nobody gets to sleep when Sabot wants fed.

Skylar was also wailing from her bed that she wanted a Chai. She asks for an iced Chai latte every morning when the sun comes up and then goes back to sleep for a couple more hours. If she doesn't get the chai, she doesn't go back to sleep. I'm pretty sure I single handedly keep Tazo in business (although she thinks Ovaltine is Chai too, which is what she usually gets). And yes, I know she and Suri Cruise could be BFF's.

Anyway....

So there I was in the dark garage scooping dog food from the bottom of the bin where we keep it when something jumped up on my arm and then fell back into the bin. Surprisingly I didn't scream, I was that out of it.

When I turned on the light, this is what I found staring up at me:
Had it been a snake I would have had a heart attack and died on the spot, but since it was just a fat nasty mouse I took a picture. And then put the lid back on the bin and waited for Micah to do something with him. He released it outside, which means it's probably back in our garage happily munching away on Royal Canine Large Breed.

If that thing is the size of a rat next time I run into it, we may have a problem.

3 comments:

  1. Awww what a cute little mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate mice! Everytime we leave, those little weasles find their way into our kitchen. This time I am hoping that we have every entry point covered. ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...